Home > Trip Reports > June 9, 2012, Fryingpan Glacier PICTURES ADDED

June 9, 2012, Fryingpan Glacier PICTURES ADDED

6/9/12
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Splitboardist on 6/11/12 2:58am
Drove down from Seattle Saturday morning re-checking all of the weather forecast and webcams trying to decide between Fryingpan, Chinook Pass, or Muir. At the overlook just past White River entrance there was a break in the clouds and we could see sun all the way out to Summerland area. Turned around and entered the park (for free!) via White River and parked at Fryingpan Creek. On the trail at 10am, mostly snow covered but hard packed, and we carried boards up to last creek crossing at 5000'. Sun was out in full force so we stopped for lunch and switched to skinning. Skinned up Fryingpan Creek under cloudless skies with fresh snow blanketing everything in sight and about 2-3" ski penetration. Headed up towards Meany Crest and bootpacked the final 700 feet to a flat spot just below and to the NE of point 7573.  Snow was 8-10" deep here and some huge wind gusts blew through but the clouds were parting and we could see Camp Shurman and Steamboat Prow and all the way to Sunrise and down into Summerland (still cloudy towards Chinook Pass). Ripped back down our skin track with a light crust on the upper 700 feet, then smooth fast snow down to around 5800 feet, then slower flats all the way back to the creek. Looking back up the valley I was wishing we had brought bivy gear! Great trip.

Nice first post, welcome to TAY!

That error seems to be a problem with a malformed or incorrect link in the "IMG" brackets, though I'm not sure exactly why it happens -- smarter folks than I on here may know.

Try pulling out one image at a time, to see if a particular one is causing the problem.  Sorry for the hassle!

The link I am trying to use is from an online gallery in Dropbox... I retried them all and still not working.

Post the link (or links) here without the IMG tags (or PM me with it, if you prefer) and I'll take a look at it.

Reply to this TR

june-9-2012-fryingpan-glacier-pictures-added
Splitboardist
2012-06-11 09:58:18