Home > Trip Reports > June 3, 2012, Alpental

June 3, 2012, Alpental

6/3/12
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Zap on 6/3/12 1:38pm
Jill and I met Eric at the main Alpental parking area.  After catching up for a bit, we started climbing together, but he quickly outpaced us €“ we go very slowly.  I used my ski crampons for the whole climb because my right leg is still only about 75% back to normal, and they increase my chances of success, i.e. not slipping and falling.  We climbed to the trees just below the rock band at the top of Lower International which was a gain of 1135VF.  This bowl is about 150€™ from the base of Upper International.  On the way up it sprinkled for a few minutes.  The area below the trees was very steep with bits of avy debris so we did big fat turns.  Just below the cutover trail from the high-speed lift area we skied an old cattrack that was melted out and in great shape and made for some nice turns.  We had a good ski down until we hit the lower area which was kind of 'sticky€™ in places because of the pollen.  As I continue to climb and ski my right arm and leg are getting stronger.  Trips like this will help pass the time while I wait for a call from MN saying that it€™s okay to go ahead with the procedure.
Looking good, Zap!  That area is steepish, too - good job climbing AND skiing it.

Great job working through the set backs Zap, I think my son and I skied past your group on your way up the groomed part of Lower I. Still solid coverage top to bottom, though the chair one side below the gunmount has some spots opening up.

Way to get after it Zap!

Also pretty amazing to see how much snow is still up there. How much longer do you think that tour will be covered top to bottom?

Reply to this TR

june-3-2012-alpental
Zap
2012-06-03 20:38:53