Home > Trip Reports > May 29, 2012, Alpental

May 29, 2012, Alpental

5/29/12
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by silaswild on 5/29/12 9:45am
Off and on warm, sunny, light wind.  Much less mushy skiing than Sunday was. Skiing untracked slopes was nice 1" granular butter on a soft base.  Did a few hundred feet at Silver Fir to meet Zap on his way down. What an inspiration, he hides the frustration well.
I was up there on Saturday, under partly sunny skies, and the smooth, untracked snow under chair 2 was deceiving.  I felt like I was skiing on glue on the upper part of the mountain.  Once I got down to the lower mountain the skiing was much better.  Glad to hear it was less mushy. 

Thanks for the report!  Still top to bottom coverage?

B)

Sure looks like it:

PLENTY of snow up there. It was pretty mushy from the top of International last night, but skied well.

The near backcountry had no tracks in it when we went out past Widowmaker.  Skied back over to Shot 5 which was great if dirty.  Eisfallen skied nicely again.  Got really grabby below the lower gun mount.  This was my friend's first time skiing at Alpental and she left convinced about its superiority.

Next time I think I'll bring my skins.  Sorry about any footprints I made in the skin track.plan t

Reply to this TR

may-29-2012-alpental
silaswild
2012-05-29 16:45:58