Home > Trip Reports > May 20, 2012, Cowboy Mountain

May 20, 2012, Cowboy Mountain

5/20/12
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by julegust on 5/22/12 3:31am
Jeff and I did an early morning ski up the Stevens ski area on Sunday, this was the first leg of a super duper multisport extravaganza to celebrate another 5 years in Seattle. There is still lots of snow, the cornice on top of Cowboy Mountain is still there, and there is lots of interesting booty to be found under the lifts!

After finishing the skiing at 9am, we picked up a few more people to bike down to Leavenworth, got on the river, paddled to Cashmere, went climbing at Peshastin Pinnacles, and finally had beer at Gustav's (by far the most tricky part, finishing that pitcher was a bitch). People, the Cascades are just the best!!
Fun and creative way to finish up  your 6 year academic quest. Congrats -

What did Skyline Ridge look like? I am looking for a quick day outing this weekend and may be heading up that way. I haven't been up there in years.

pretty cool trip!

Was planning on doing something simular on the wet side. Kind of scared of biking down hwy 2 though.

Yeah, I thought up this trip when I was trying to decide whether I should put together a team for Ski to Sea. Gotta say, this was waay easier to plan! It helps to have a big trailer for all that gear.

Cycling on Hwy 2 is not too bad, there is some semblance of a shoulder most of the way except for some bridges. And you see stuff you never notice when driving! Like the big Biker memorial close to the Lake Wenatchee turnoff.

Reply to this TR

may-20-2012-cowboy-mountain
julegust
2012-05-22 10:31:56