Home > Forum > Winthrop Area Tour Suggestions

Winthrop Area Tour Suggestions

• bcglaxer
  • [bcglaxer]
More
20 May 2012 16:17 #205334 by bcglaxer
Winthrop Area Tour Suggestions was created by bcglaxer
After seven years of living in Seattle, I'm finally getting out to Winthrop to explore the Methow Valley. But where to explore? I'd appreciate any suggestions - either by ski or foot.

Thanks!
Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2012 08:52 #205339 by Jason4
Replied by Jason4 on topic Re: Winthrop Area Tour Suggestions
On Saturday I skinned up to Easy Pass and then up part of the west ridge on Graybeard. It was a great adventure full of everything you could ask for on Hwy 20 including some ski-'shwaking off route adventure and a very exposed kick turn over a large cliff. Yesterday I joined the masses and skinned up to the saddle east of the peak of Blue Mountain near the Liberty Bell group. It was a quick skin up and an easy ride right back to the highway and the car. Last weekend I did the Heather/Maple pass loop.

I'd recommend any of those three day trips based on personal experience. There are lots more that I haven't done yet but hopefully I'll get a chance to find a few more spots before the snow melts.

• samthaman
  • [samthaman]
More
21 May 2012 09:25 #205340 by samthaman
Replied by samthaman on topic Re: Winthrop Area Tour Suggestions
The birthday tour around the liberty bell/early winters formations.

silverstar

the 100 classic ski tours has some suggestions for the area. I'm sure this rain isn't helping anything, but the snow was great up there over the weekend.