Home > Trip Reports > March 7 Paradise Mt. Rainier

March 7 Paradise Mt. Rainier

3/15/05
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by nathan on 3/8/05 12:25am
  Monday the weather was not that great. We hiked in thick fog, but we heard that the sun was shining above 8,000 feet on the Muir Snowfield.The wind slowed us down too.We made it a little ways above Pebble Creek. My eight year old sister, Katie skied,and my Dad snowboarded. I, Nathan, who am ten years old normally snowboards, but I thought I would try skiing.I was embarassed by Katie who shot off the big hill at Panorama Point while I slid down on my behind.I think I'll go back to snowboarding!
Hi Nathan! Great to hear that you and your family are still getting out for fun (?) on the snow. I have a little sister and I know what it can be like to be embarassed by one. Just stick to what you know best, remain humble, and you will eventually get all the respect you deserve (in addition to some good sliding).

Glad to hear that Nate and Kate are back on board at Turns All Year!  I was just asking Charles what had become of your family, wondering if you had been at the mountain this winter.  Will you be coming up any day this weekend?

Reply to this TR

march-7-paradise-mt-rainier
nathan
2005-03-08 08:25:40