Home > Trip Reports > May 2, 2012, Mission Ridge Snow report

May 2, 2012, Mission Ridge Snow report

5/2/12
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by mikerolfs on 5/3/12 1:42am
Happy to report that the skiing at Mission Ridge is excellent right now.  The snow machine trenches I whined about a couple weeks ago have been nearly erased by a combination of rain and warm weather.  The groomed runs are firm and, yesterday at least, corned up really nicely.  Even with the fast melt, there is still plenty of coverage to ski almost any route from the top to the bottom.  Ski area has started plowing the access road but has left the chair three side alone so far.

corny corn under the lift:

rare sighting of short-legged moxie-dog on the bomber wing sign:

Today was a little different with 2-3" of new spring snow. The base hadn't frozen solid but it was firm

sweet may freshies

Must have been you guys I saw when leaving the lot. I was with my dog Zeke. Bowl 4 and Outback were great.

I thought I recognized your dog from the pictures of when you and chainsaw willie (or was it flowing alpy?) went out to the Stemilt. We were happy with what we found too, what a great surprise!

A quick heads up, yesterday I managed generate a point release or two on the way up, on some of the steeper slopes, not much of a problem, but it would be more worrisome with more snow.  It was fairly firm this morning.

Reply to this TR

may-2-2012-mission-ridge-snow-report
mikerolfs
2012-05-03 08:42:32