Home > Trip Reports > April 29, 2012, Teanaway River Road

April 29, 2012, Teanaway River Road

4/29/12
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by silaswild on 4/29/12 8:31am
Found sun, corn, and again lotsa boot tracks (I sure have a knack for that the past couple weeks.)  West aspect was solid base with frozen snow just corning up at 1245PM  6800-3100', minimal grabbiness below 4000'.   South aspect was 2-3" sloppy corn.   Geoff's birthday tour and the great banjo picker's deathday memorial tour.
I do like your photo, great view onto Stuart. Looks like a plum right now

How far could you drive up the road?
Thanks

author=mick_scott link=topic=24627.msg104083#msg104083 date=1335757937]
How far could you drive up the road?

Road is drivable to a mile or so past Beverly Creek camp I heard, and that today there were about a dozen snowmobilers running from there.

Was out that way last weekend having a look at argo and shooting things at my friends. Less snow on the south side of stuart this year than last year on the same date.

Cool comparative photos Jeff!! Not quite as good as Amar's and mines ski styles, but still good.

Skied the Beverly/Bean loop yesterday with Michael and Ariel(dog).  Despite an impressive number of cars parked at the road, with a 10:45 start we saw only 1 hiker walking down the road and a couple of skiers on Mary's Peak.  Skied off that a little after 4, back at the car at 6.  Snow was pretty good up high, lower down it was tracked out enough to resemble a sidecountry route. 

Regarding the dog, a mixed bag.  She briefly chased a Douglas squirrel, made a mighty leap across Bean Creek to carry on up Beverly, was no trouble up or down the mountain except the return crossing of Bean Creek.  I'd crossed easily on rocks and logs but had to go back and drag her across through calf-deep water.  She also had a couple of inflating ticks to pluck off this morning.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vermontbmx/6968740892/

We climbed up the Cascadian and skied down Ulrich's yesterday.  Was warm and slushy on the descent at 2:30.  The road is currently drivable for 5 miles from 29 Pines.  Agree there is less snow this year than last, but Ulrich's should stay in shape for a couple more weeks and the Cascadian and S shoulder should go even longer than that.  All I had was my cell phone, so not many good pics, but here's what the mountain looked like from Long's Pass yesterday morning.

Reply to this TR

april-29-2012-teanaway-river-road
silaswild
2012-04-29 15:31:39