Home > Trip Reports > April 22, 2012, Snoqualmie Mt, Crooked Couloir

April 22, 2012, Snoqualmie Mt, Crooked Couloir

4/22/12
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by timmyfitz on 4/23/12 2:14pm
Had a day open up after various bouts of lame and other malaise.  Decided to get after a local dame with some girth to her.  Lookers left of Phantom up, the trees were much cooler - stayed out of the sun as much as possible.  Waterfall was still just possibly skiable, but it would be zesty.  Skinned up through the cliffs, still enough snow for that. Checked in on Slot, nice and shaded, but continued to the summit - took 3 hours to get there.  Headed off the summit after a quick bite and dropped in off the north ridge soonest possible line.  Skiing was quite good all the way down to Thunder Creek Basin where I cut across a decent wet-slide path from the Slot as I headed to the south side col that takes you back up to Phantom.  Phantom snow was glop, but fun-ish, so I stayed in the trees for the decent, which worked well.  Skied back to lot for a 4 hour trip and headed straight to Rhoadies BBQ on the first North Bend exit.  That place is GOOD after a tour mates...Snoq Pass is so close and so awesome.  I plan to hit it some more this spring for sure!

Pics and vids are here (if I copied the links right...technology can be so frustrating at times....):

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=timmyfitz1&target=ALBUM&id=5734463620699141121&authkey=Gv1sRgCJ2Zh5b-jOeu7AE&feat=email

http://youtu.be/_ik7bFV17po

Cheers,

timmyfitz
looks like the snow is setting up nicely, could you boot it without breaking through?

Sweet! Sounds like a good day, Timmy. Thanks for the report.

Fantastic photos - I love the trivia on the "unknown" peaks!

Nice pics! Looks like it's still good in there. I believe Mt. Stuart and Hi-Box are the peaks you aren't sure of. Stuart being the first.

author=String link=topic=24583.msg103917#msg103917 date=1335324815]
Nice pics! Looks like it's still good in there. I believe Mt. Stuart and Hi-Box are the peaks you aren't sure of. Stuart being the first.

Ahh, yes Stuart it is.  Looks different from that angle I guess where you cannot make out the ski lines.  Still want to bag Ulricks at some  point...

The second one is three queens. Recently had a ramble in those parts.

Reply to this TR

april-22-2012-snoqualmie-mt-crooked-couloir
timmyfitz
2012-04-23 21:14:56