Home > Trip Reports > March 6, 2005, Van Trump MRNP

March 6, 2005, Van Trump MRNP

3/6/05
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Paul_Russell on 3/6/05 7:36pm
Kenji, Monika and I headed to Van Trump with some uncertainty about the weather and conditions, but it cleared and turned into a great spring day.  We met Pete from the party of 3 on their way down who submitted the previous trip report.  We too found very nice, creamy corn conditions that remained remarkably consistent from top to bottom.  Top for us was about 10,700' at about 2pm where the conditions become more wind affected.  Skied a 3000' run down, then back up for another 1000'  before heading home with lots of grins and tired legs.  Here's a link to some photos:

http://community.webshots.com/album/290011636AAhJYk

http://home.comcast.net/~pdr4207/290012797.jpg

How about this:

You guys are animals, Paul.
Nice choice.
btw, we miss your pics, your link says we're "not the owner of the album"

Can't seem to get the pictures or links to work....

I've tried using the insert image button and pasting a URL for an image in place of the "URL" text.  The URL is from the properties from webshots and from a comcast.net homepage.  I'm sure I'm missing something.  Are there some instructions on the site?  I tried looking but didn't find much.

I also seem to have trouble inserting a link to my webshots photos.  I can access the link when I click it, but others tell me they can not. I've tried revising the one above with this using the communities url... maybe it will work this time?

Great photos, (the latest link is working), thanks for sharing.  Looks like you guys had an awesome day.

Thanks Kenji and Paul for a awesome trip.  
And thank you Paul for the pics.  That's especially a nice close-up of Kenji.

conditions that remained remarkably consistent from top to bottom.

I'm still stunned by how consistent the snow was.  Kept thinking it would become grabby, slow and thick.  I guess that's a bright side of this crazy winter,  doing typical spring/summer trips with still a weaker winter sun. We did a good job maximizing that with the yo-yo run.  Definitely the best 4000'+ run I've ever had on Van Trump. :D

Looks great you guys! Way to go! I think the yo-yo finish is quite impressive 8)

it looked amazing up there!  great shots of you all.

Reply to this TR

march-6-2005-van-trump-mrnp
Paul_Russell
2005-03-07 03:36:51