Crystal - Friday the 13th, 2012

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Apr 2012 16:59 #218106 by ddk
Crystal - Friday the 13th, 2012 was created by ddk
Another big sunny start to the day, pretty lucky for at Friday the 13th, bigger harder icy conditions early today, not so smooth icy groomers, but big blue sunny sky, light crowd, things got softer and warmer – some places faster than others, had fun on HC basin side mid morning, things got nice and mucky soft in BP’s, OuterFerks and the front side of REX – Doors to Sunnyside at least, skier left side of PB got nice and soft. Weird part about today was the snowstorm that blew in during the afternoon kind of like mid day yesterday, today it was mostly ice pellets that didn’t hurt the soft snow. Finished the day with a few Sunnyside and Door runs, the last one with Mr. Ferk – he hurt me! Snowpack in great shape, to bad winter season only has two more days. Soups – Tomato Basil and Vegetable Beef Barley, crowd inside CB lodge was pretty big around 1pm? Pay lot to big today as usual, C pretty full and cars in B. Fair number of folks for a Friday this late in the season….lookin forward to the next couple of days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Team Wally
  • [Team Wally]
More
13 Apr 2012 17:55 #218107 by Team Wally
Replied by Team Wally on topic Re: Crystal - Friday the 13th, 2012
Lunch was pretty good. The FOG posse with all the pretty girls, priceless.Ross and Gary are babe magnets for sure.
Attachments:

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 Apr 2012 18:58 - 13 Apr 2012 19:19 #218108 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Crystal - Friday the 13th, 2012
Ten o'clock was when the heat softened the hill and the big fun started. A mix of great spring snow and unconsolidated glop. There are enough skied-out lines to keep things exciting. The overnight freezes are consolidating more and more each day. And finally, some good corn developing. Definitely worth getting it this weekend.

We were also wondering how Ross does it. Every time he skied under us as we rode up the chair, there was another great woman skier in his wake. By day's end, there must have been 8-10 of them making those smooth turns. Jealous. Hope I'm that smooth when I'm 70+.

Ken
+

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Apr 2012 21:32 #218109 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - Friday the 13th, 2012

Lunch was pretty good. The FOG posse with all the pretty girls, priceless.Ross and Gary are babe magnets for sure.

Nice doin the pic....it was suggested to me that I do the same thing next time up at Whistler and send it to Ty for fun! Six soup specials.