Home > Trip Reports > Apr 12 - Sierra, Shasta

Apr 12 - Sierra, Shasta

4/15/12
US elsewhere
Posted by all mtn on 4/12/12 3:57am
- the last of the run of storms we've gotten since the start of Mar. is forecasted to come through Fri night. this storm, like most of them will leave 1-2 ft of snow, typically more in the northern part of the range. last Sun, the snow stayed powdery from the previous wk's storm! As is typical for April, the storm track will retreat northward, leaving us with drier conditions. Mt Shasta has also received a good amount of snow, so spring b/c should be good.
Thanks for the quick update on conditions.  I've been wondering how the snowpack was doing, after the lack of early and mid-season snow in California.  Planning a trip down to Shasta in about a month, hoping there'll be coverage good for a lot of skiing, and not a lot of hiking :)

- no problem,  check out shasta avalanche center for updated conditions

Viva Shastina!!

Keep up  the southern reporting, all mtn., I've done Lassen & other trips partly from your posts.  Does this mean good snow at Crater Lake too? 

There have been quite a few good days over the past month and a half near Tahoe. From Carson Pass north is in good shape now, and skiing will be good for a while longer... its the approaches that will melt quickly. I've also heard that approaches in the Eastern Sierra (ie - south of Bridgeport) are heinous. Photo evidence of good days.

Reply to this TR

apr-12-sierra-shasta
all mtn
2012-04-12 10:57:08