Home > Trip Reports > April 1, 2012, DH

April 1, 2012, DH

4/1/12
Posted by Big Steve on 4/1/12 9:41am
Fun today, untracked, stable
author=Big Steve link=topic=24347.msg102876#msg102876 date=1333327307]
Fun today, untracked, stable

Well, How 'bout that!  With all the fragmented emails and cryptic text last night, I really didn't know who was doing what?  From over on WK, Jake and I could hear the occassional shout from you guys!  We stayed there for four runs or perhaps we would have found you.  Sorry to miss you again, Steve!
Great dry recycled powder on a firm base.

Yes, enjoyable conditions were had there today especially when compared to what we had yesterday at Snoqualmie.  Sadly it was our first visit to Blewett Pass so we didn't know where all the good skiing was.  But we happened to meet "WMC" in the sno-park afterwards and he gave us some great guidance for future trips!

Dog Hollow?
Dump Haven?
Dill Hole?
Doddering Hank?
Dingle Haus?
Dang Hellions?
Dandy Heights?
Dozen Horses?
Diddle Hut?
Oh right, Diamond Head. Geez.

I'm not sure hillshaveeyes???? I think you were on to something with Diddle Hut.

DH = DOWNHILL! Man, I've been missing half the fun.

Skied a few laps yesterday morning and the snow is still good. Snow was a little heavy and grabby on the upper part of the slope but the lower half was powder, especially where it was a little protected by trees. Everything was super stable.

author=snow_crystal link=topic=24347.msg103186#msg103186 date=1333898117]
Skied a few laps yesterday morning and the snow is still good. Snow was a little heavy and grabby on the upper part of the slope but the lower half was powder, especially where it was a little protected by trees. Everything was super stable.

Were there others up there?  I was kinda wondering who put in the skin track.  Far far climbers right there is a nice low angle way to meander a skin track up along and within the edge of the trees (gorgeous old growth larch) that involves few switchbacks and then connects to the final north ridge.  It is a bit hard to notice if you don't know it is there, but it stays out of the fall line.  Not meant in a judgemental way.  Whatever snow I conserve in an uptrack I tend to destroy in an out of control tele descent.

Reply to this TR

april-1-2012-dh
Big Steve
2012-04-01 16:41:47