Home > Trip Reports > March 31, Kendall Stump

March 31, Kendall Stump

3/15/12
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by mattgoyer on 3/31/12 11:43am
Headed up Kendall Stump knowing that conditions were likely not going to be ideal but hoped to get some exercise and fun in.

Lower down there was a thick crust with a few inches of new on top. Somewhere above 4000' the crust disappeared. We topped out around 4800' to 4900' and found pretty good skiing down to around 4400' to 4500' where it got pretty heavy. So we lapped the well spaced trees close to the slide path a few times before heading down.

We then made a terrible mistake and took our splitboarder friends down the luge track instead of back down the way we came up. In my memory the luge track was all downhill but it is definitely not all downhill!

photos here.
yeah, it wasn't bad in the open.  We were up there taking a quick lap of the top few hundred feet when a bunch of people (your group?) came by.  The skiing was better than I was expecting from the climb, not too deep & sloppy on the skinny boards I was borrowing for the day...

We all agreed it was nice to get out and get some skiing in, and at least it didn't rain on us!  At one point someone called it sunny, but it was really only a kind of "sun" a native PNW could appreciate 

Condescending input, wouldn't you say...cherish human interaction/comrade-re... JACK!

Reply to this TR

march-31-kendall-stump
mattgoyer
2012-03-31 18:43:59