Home > Trip Reports > march 26, 2012, lane peak trifecta

march 26, 2012, lane peak trifecta

3/26/12
Posted by tsuyoshi on 3/27/12 6:25am
yesterday ryan jeff and i skied the zipper, the fly and lovers lane on lane peak. conditions were perfect for chute skiing... stable soft and not tooooo sluffy. booting up wasn't too bad but did involve a significant amount of waist deep steep trenching to gain any elevation. unfortunately out bootpacks are probably sluffed over from skiing but the chutes should still be in great shape with plenty of soft snow.

but on a more important note... let's journey back to the beginning of february when we skied the black hole couloir. gorp posted an excellent trip report here. carson broke his binding and had to ride his shovel down the black hole couloir. thankfully we were able to rig it up to tour out on.

well, this time jeff broke his binding while skiing the super narrow part of lovers lane. at least we are now well versed on fixing broken tele bindings.

video here

more pictures and story at http://toddkilcup.blogspot.com/2012/03/lane-peak-zipper-fly-and-lovers-lane.html

lessons learned? don't mount tele bindings MANY times in a rotting ski with holes drilled less than 1 cm apart.
Sweet!  Lovers Lane looked really filled in a couple weeks ago, and looked like a fun ski.  Stoked you guys got it while it was fat!

The bad luck with bindings sucks, but I'm kinda happy to know that I'm not the only one...  Glad it didn't result in a bad crash

I have salivated over those lines countless times in the car, but given the cross-valley viewing angle I had no idea if the slope was inside the bounds of sanity.  Now that I've read this I'm even more stoked to go there!

Way to nail Lane.  Lover's Lane can rip big, you guys got it in good conditions.  Fly and Zipper a little more tricky.  Hitting it a few years ago we had the zipper peel out. 

Reply to this TR

march-26-2012-lane-peak-trifecta
tsuyoshi
2012-03-27 13:25:16