Home > Trip Reports > March 24, 2012, Granite

March 24, 2012, Granite

3/24/12
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Big Steve on 3/24/12 11:18am
Granite via SW ridge was the tits today.  We took a conservative ascent route, gaining the SW ridge from the W.  Sun stayed behind the clouds for a safe, at times crusty, ascent.  Then the sun came out for awhile and softened things a bit.  We launch off the summit with perfect timing.  Fun linked turns for 2000' off the top in pre-schmoo then schmoo.  Slush in the lower trees.  Glided down to the car, sacrificing a few grams of ptex along the way.  We saw no other skiers except two guys at the TH in the morning who had bailed.   Very fun day. 
author=Big Steve link=topic=24263.msg102513#msg102513 date=1332641885]
Granite via SW ridge was the tits today.  We took a conservative ascent route, gaining the SW ridge from the W.  Sun stayed behind the clouds for a safe, at times crusty, ascent.  Then the sun came out for awhile and softened things a bit.  We launch off the summit with perfect timing.  Fun linked turns for 2000' off the top in pre-schmoo then schmoo.  Slush in the lower trees.  Glided down to the car, sacrificing a few grams of ptex along the way.  We saw no other skiers except two guys at the TH in the morning who had bailed.   Very fun day. 

Way to get at it Steve and company!  Wish we could have met up with you all but Jake's Icicle call was spot on.  Despite how much I really hate Mountaineer road approach.  Hope to ski with you soon.  You were quoted at several points throughout the day!
This TR is useless without......by the way...
John

Nah, no pics, John.  I usually don't post TRs re a pedestrian tours like Granite.  Figured I'd offer an assessment of a schmoo tour.

author=Big Steve link=topic=24263.msg102540#msg102540 date=1332690630]
I usually don't post TRs re a pedestrian tours like Granite.  Figured I'd offer an assessment of a schmoo tour.

Hope you and the lurkers on this site will post condition reports with greater frequency, whether or not the tour is pedestrian or epic.  Thanks!

Reply to this TR

march-24-2012-granite
Big Steve
2012-03-24 18:18:05