Discounted Utah Lift Tickets

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
25 Feb 2005 09:41 #171039 by Zap
Discounted Utah Lift Tickets was created by Zap
During these desperate times in the NW, you may decide to head to Utah to downhill ski or use the lifs to access the backcountry. We found that the main REI store in Salt Lake City,exit 3 on I-215, has discount lift tickets for most local ski areas.<br><br>Here's the REI rates:<br><br>$43 - Alta<br>$43 - Snowbird - chairs only<br>$50 - Snowbird - tram & chairs<br>$38 - Brighton<br>$41 - Solitude<br>$66 - Deer Valley<br>$55 - Park City<br>$50 - The Canyons<br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2005 10:20 #171042 by wolfs
Replied by wolfs on topic Re: Discounted Utah Lift Tickets
Similar deals available from backcountry.com for three areas (Alta, Solitude, Canyons) and you can get those online and shipped in the mail. The REI deal doesn't appear to be online, but it's probably easy enough to stop by there and grab some. <br>I am heeding the summons of Utah powder, Reverend Zap. We'll be there on Mar 3, though only for three days so we'll probably stick to riding the lifts. Since Ullr and the trickster Loki obviously have been conspiring against the NW this year, I've decided that the best way to make it snow HERE is to spend hundreds of dollars to go somewhere else.

• Jim Oker
  • [jim_oker]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
25 Feb 2005 10:41 #171044 by Jim Oker
Replied by Jim Oker on topic Re: Discounted Utah Lift Tickets
Thank you for your sacrifice, Wolf.

• Joedabaker
  • [Joedabaker]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
25 Feb 2005 14:50 #171046 by Joedabaker
Replied by Joedabaker on topic Re: Discounted Utah Lift Tickets
You can also get discounted tickets from See n Ski ski shops. Similar rates to those that Zap quoted from REI.<br> <br>If one is inclined to ski Snowbasin (which I highly recommend) here is a tip. I stayed in Layton at the Holiday inn express. 20-25 mins from Snowbasin. 40 mins from the airport.<br>The rates were reasonable $60-75 double and it included a really good breakfast buffet. Thay had a great hot-hotub and pool. They sell at the front desk lift tickets to Snowbasin for $45 that's $10 off the price at the hill. Lots of places to eat within walking distance, movie theater, etc...<br>Also, Delta Airlines offers last minute flight deals such the reservation I made 2 days before travel and got flight and a car for $225 for a week. <br>Good deals for those weather watching powder zombies that have flexibility in travel.<br>Joe

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
26 Feb 2005 15:58 #171047 by Zap
Replied by Zap on topic Re: Discounted Utah Lift Tickets
Wolfs,<br>If you are planning to ski in Big and /or Little Cottonwood Canyon, a good ski buddy of mine stays at the Super 8 Midvale.Their phone number is 801-255-5559 and their single rate is $54 incl tax,breakfast, and airport shuttle. You can purchase a lift ticket for $46 at the front desk which includes a bus pass to/from Brighton, Solitude, Alta and Snowbird. The bus stops in front of the Super 8.That is one way to eliminate a car rental. My ski buddy has made 3 trips to Utah this season to manage his powder addiction. He always stays at the Super 8 plus they have a hot tub and free wireless access. Hope the weather turns cold and snowy in the Wasatch for you. :) Zap