Home > Trip Reports > Mar 07, 12 Stevens Pass Full Moon Tour

Mar 07, 12 Stevens Pass Full Moon Tour

3/15/12
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by JimG on 3/8/12 11:01am
Saw the full(ish) moon on Tuesday and had to make it on Wed.  Started up Heather ridge at 8PM and made some stops on the way up for pictures and to just soak in the night time beauty. 

Conditions were extremely variable.  Sun crust in one area and six inches away nice powder!  VERY dependent on aspect and incident.  A few degrees in either axis made all the difference.

No signs of instability and column tests show good results (CT23 Q3 at 18" on 3/4" rain crust and CT24 Q3 at 24").  We dropped in at the top cell tower and had a great ride for the top 3/4.. The bottom 1/4??  Well.... Survived..

Sorry you weren't on this one Haggis! Glad to see you carried on the tradition from years back!
Good for you. I was thinking Moonlight Bowl under the full moon. I had to settle for road biking.

Great photo!

Nice one Jim. That brings back some memories...

Ale..  Definitely some good memories from the night trip and the year as a whole.  Would love to do another tour with you sometime this year.  If you're game give me a call the day after one of your big multi-day trips so I stand a chance of keeping up! :)

Nice one Jim, good job getting after it at short notice!  Too much fun huh?

Reply to this TR

mar-07-12-stevens-pass-full-moon-tour
JimG
2012-03-08 19:01:44