Home > Forum > February 24, 2005, Stevens Rocks!

February 24, 2005, Stevens Rocks!

• wolfs
  • [wolfs]
More
24 Feb 2005 10:00 #211842 by wolfs
February 24, 2005, Stevens Rocks! was created by wolfs
Double meaning (the negative one) only partially intentional, because in fact this was much more fun than I would have at first thought. Stevens has done an outstanding job of preserving and grooming what little snow they have on the main runs. By no means was the hill completely free of all possible surprises. But if you kept your eyes open and stayed on the runs that are smooth dirt in the summer (most are, but there are exceptions, like 'Blue Trail' on Hogsback, or anything on 7th - don't go there) you could get through the day completely unmarked. It was nice and sunny (but morning at least not yet slushy warm) and ripping the morning corduroy was plentydamngoodfun. Folks that are tired of exclusively earning turns and are not adverse to cycling groomers might want to consider an inbounds day here in the next few days while weather nice and snow still quite decent and enjoyable. Cheeseburgers n beer on the sunshiney deck at Granite put a good cap on a half day too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lowell_Skoog
  • [Lowell_Skoog]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
27 Feb 2005 11:50 - 27 Feb 2005 11:51 #211849 by Lowell_Skoog
Replied by Lowell_Skoog on topic Re: February 24, 2005, Stevens Rocks!
I skied at Stevens today with my son. I thought they did a superb job on the hill, given the lean snow conditions. True, you have to stick to the groomed, but it's pretty good skiing there. I didn't hit any rocks. Way to go Stevens!

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
27 Feb 2005 14:32 #211850 by Larry_Trotter
Replied by Larry_Trotter on topic Re: February 24, 2005, Stevens Rocks!
Perhaps Crystal Resort could send some crew up to Stevens for some lessons in grooming. I swear the cats are turning up rocks. I wish they would just pick up some of them or spray paint them red. I was thinking of getting some of that marker stuff they use on snow for competitions to spot the rocks. :)