Home > Trip Reports > 2-27-12, hwy 2, alpenglowpow.

2-27-12, hwy 2, alpenglowpow.

2/27/12
Posted by alecapone on 2/29/12 3:21am
aspect riden- west facing bowls with north to south exposures.

conditions- powder on a variable base from several inches on avi debris to pow on slab on uncoloslidated in areas that see little direct action(avoided)... surface hoar was forming quickly in shaded areas and cold sinks.

Instability noted... none on aspect traveled or veiwed. though windloaded areas where avoided. some minor sluffing from sun warming around noon. expected unconsolidated sluffing on steeper terrain.

I'm starting earlier and earlier, or is it later and later? I'm not even sure what time it is. Time is irrelevant if you let it be. two times of day, dark time and light time.

Dark time, with a subliminal message.

Light time, track one. lower south cloud bowl.

track two.

and time for an alpenshow.....and to make track 3.

upper north cloud bowl

road cold smoke throwing up couds of pink into the sunset. no photo looking back up. Was enjoying the ride too much. made it back before dark in time for dinner

nighty night.....

rsvp, pm me.....

Loving your TR's dude!

I'm waiting for a yellow rose from our guardian angels... or maybe two solid days of no commitments.

Love the pad! Do a youtube instructional on constructing snow  McMansions.  I'd watch it.

That is a great place! Somehow I missed the earlier pix. Cool digs.

Awesome -- can we have the MTR up there this year?  I want more pics of the palace -- I love a good snow cave.

Sweet Scott!
Hmm, I wonder where those photos were taken...  ;)

You're having too much fun!

and now i've got day man vs night man stuck in my head...  ???

It was a blast checking out your zone!

Thanks for letting me tag along.

Yeah... way too fun.

My pleasure kyle... and since you couldn't see, most of what we boarded is pictured.
I just skinned up instead of around.

I'll do a yo TAY cribs video when I go back...

Great photos, Scott---and the cave upgrade is nice.  Can 4 sleep in there now? 

forgotten phone or not, i had a feeling you'd be heading back out for monday.  i was gritting my teeth in my cubicle, looking at the sun outside and thinking about how i only seem to get really stormy high danger days off lately. 

those alpenglow shots are awesome!  kinda the diametric opposite of this photo i shot of kyle on saturday.

Great pictures, and report, snow house looks like the Ritz, and good snow as well.

That crib is SICK! 3 or 4 of my friends mentioned it in conversation in the last week

Pretty stoked how much interest there is in my humble abode.
Big step up from the trenches I was using last year.
Learning some lessons on what not to do. Got to get out this summer and scope some new real estate.

Reply to this TR

2-27-12-hwy-2-alpenglowpow
alecapone
2012-02-29 11:21:02