Home > Trip Reports > Feb 25, 2012, Steven Pass Area, POWTASTIC - Vid

Feb 25, 2012, Steven Pass Area, POWTASTIC - Vid

2/25/12
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by Pierce on 2/26/12 1:42am
Last weekend we skied the back side of Skyline ridge.  Conditions were perfect, bomber stability so we tried to repeat it again this weekend, and we did.  This time the conditions were even better.

Light fluffy snow, windy on the ridge, but once we dropped into the trees it was perfect. 

Not many people out yesterday, however like to give a special thanks to the party of three that broke trail to the ridge and broke trail most of the way back out from the creek bed.  Our dog was especially happy to have a nice skin track to follow out.

Below is a link to a 3.5min video of some Powder highlights.

http://youtu.be/gqtiK1WCWWs

Enjoy!
That was full of WIN!!!!

Whohoo!  Gott a get that dog a snorkel or some mid fat paws!

And I didn't know til just now how much I NEED an orange ski suit!  :D

Nice! 

What program do you use to edit your videos?  I got a Gopro video camera for Christmas and haven't found anything that is simple and easy to use.

I use windows movie maker. It's free to download and super easy to use.

that's a sweet video .. the pup is the star of the show ..

Sweet Vid!
No,THANK YOU for jumping in and helping break trail back out of the North Side!
We went back today and the big splitboard crew that stayed the night at the lake, payed the skin track break fee in the currency of an 18 pack of Rainier ( that some how they could not manage to drink).  Thinking about quiting my real job...

Snow is sick up there right now!

"Thinking about quiting my real job..."

- I know!! Hard to sit in front of a computer screen when you know there is that much awesomeness to be had up there!  Such fun terrain for when it dumps.  Jealous you got a second day up there.  The countdown begins for next weekend!!  Fingers crossed for more snow and cold temps.

As Rusty Knees put it, must have for conditions like that,

1-Snorkel (one for the dog and one for me too) :)
2- Orange jumpsuits all around, especially for the dog.

Reply to this TR

feb-25-2012-steven-pass-area-powtastic-vid
Pierce
2012-02-26 09:42:21