Home > Forum > All North Crystal Fri

All North Crystal Fri

• everestbill
  • [everestbill]
More
24 Feb 2012 17:16 - 24 Feb 2012 17:22 #217804 by everestbill
All North Crystal Fri was created by everestbill
I was The only guy for a very long time out North, saw Steve Fdoing what all good Pros do, he was on  all the rope lines and low clearance lines, touching every piece of boo out North. I saw him just about every time I went up the lift and looked down to see him doing the right thing every time. He is the best!
I know South was the place to be, but getting all the low hanging fruit out North that people didn't get was fun. I found just about every run had boot top or more coverage. I did take the long left Angle to Employee Housing run, No one was on it. I stayed skiers right next to the shade of the tree line and it was smoke all the way down to the buff, I lapped back up the Bucket and out again North to Spook Hill, once again skiers right on the tree line was knee deep and good till the choke point. The lower North groom is something special when you are by yourself, (Nice work Cat Crew). I set my sights on the King and ramped up 6, but the vis faded out and the wind picked up and I just didn't feel the need to fight the wind, so I slid down PB, skiers right and once again good snow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2012 19:06 #217805 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: All North Crystal Fri
Really nice report Mr E! – wish I had tagged along…I also saw Mr Ferk workin hard on REX early, I thought I might go North or do the King today, but my day was just to short (and the window of opportunity). It was a great morning of a very big Rainier sunny sucker hole – and it lasted till around11:30, there was something like a inch or more new snow in places plus the overnight wind blow to smooth things out, allowed for pretty intense hamster running all morning, lots of first track lines. Snow quality went from soft pow similar to Thursday to nice fun mucky warm spring snow – the wimpy Coombas were very happy today. I was running solo till I bumped into Mr Ferd and John, but that didn’t slow down the treadmill runs…pretty much from PB/BP to M-World, I was pretty limited today on pushing my boundaries – though I did one run out Hamburger with Gabe!, fun but he has to graduate and start using poles – cant keep skiing like he is still on a board. Snow was pretty nice, what groomers I skied were very nice, all lifts running today, didn’t notice any lift lines, never checked the soup of the day, pay lot was not full as usual, B and C had a fair number of cars even for a Friday, not many buses when I left, most of the lifts opp’s are wearing snowboard boots – except for Gabe. Snow was startin to fall when I left and the winds seemed to be picking up in places – though I did not notice them except for on FQEX, it will take a lot to recover the spring mucky stuff on the sunny morning slopes, upper sunny slopes were firming up during my last few runs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.