Home > Trip Reports > 2/15 Surprise Creek

2/15 Surprise Creek

2/15/12
Posted by snoholic on 2/17/12 8:53am
After discussing a few options for the day we settled on the Suprise Creek area a.k.a. "Cirque de Scott". Lucky for us the man himself was up there. We caught up with him after his first lap and had no problem getting him to turn around and head back up. We did a circumnav of Nimbus with a interesting summit decent route, then a lap down a coole on the shoulder of Thunder with another interesting entry.  4"-6" of nice cold snow over a scratchy base.  New snow seemed to be well bonded to crust. Occasional areas of wind slab. Thanks for the excellent guidance Scott.
Was the shoulder you guys rode by the angry man or on the nimbus side of thunder?

Such a cool place, I like that people have been getting up there.  How long did the trip in take (to the lake)?  Somebody let me know the next time your going up :)

Lrudholm, we skied a little couliee off of the Nimbus side of Thunder. This angry man that you speak of, is it the small pinnacle sitting in a deep col on the south ridge of Thunder?

I'm not sure what you mean by the deep col. But the angry man rock formation does stick out from thunders south ridge.

Reply to this TR

2-15-surprise-creek
snoholic
2012-02-17 16:53:12