Home > Trip Reports > February 15-17, 2005, South Sister

February 15-17, 2005, South Sister

2/15/05
OR elsewhere
Posted by cem_terzi on 2/17/05 7:59pm
February 15-17, 2005, South Sister

I started at Mt Bachelor ski area tuesday aroud noon. I skied at Bachelor with my telemark gear with frend a few hours than with my dog I hit the trail around 3:30.Snow condition is great there are a lot of left over untrack powder north west side between  trees.Groom areas are soft and  dry.

I just started to train my dog about skijoring , It is getting better every day. I put on his skijoring  harnest and skijor towline than headed to the Sparks Lake on the groom trail , it helped me until Sparks Lake. It is learing about skijoring.Than take of it's harnest, let him free.

I stoped braeking trail at 7 pm about 6000 feet in a small hill before Green Lake and Camp there. I left my tent and sleeping bag at 6000 feet and started to hike up again 9:30. I crused bettween Lava Flows, Green Lake and Morain Lake. That was suny and beautiful day. Snow condition alternate between deep powder , crispy and little bit havy snow because of sun effect. I reached close to 8000 feet about 4:00 pm and started to head back to my camp site. That was a great day.

In the morning 8:00 I packed my tent headed sparks lake and Mt Bechalor.12 noon I was at Bachelor parking lot.I had a lunch and took a rest for a while, than 1:30 I changed my gear to alpine and hit the ski slope again. Snow condition is great. It is packed and soft, there are still left over untrack  powder at the north west and outhback.Lift line is emty

Cem Terzi

Cascade Lakes to Sparks Lake skijoring

Camp at 6000 ft

South Sister

Broken Top

Here is more picture

south sister

Labs like deep powder too.

Lava Flow

South Sister and Lewis Glacier

Cem,

You should put skijouring in your title, I have a friend who is really into that who posts on this site.  I am sure he would be interested in swapping dog stories with you.

Reply to this TR

february-15-17-2005-south-sister
cem_terzi
2005-02-18 03:59:42