Home > Forum > Pineapple Pass Question

Pineapple Pass Question

• ajjenkin
  • [ajjenkin]
More
16 Feb 2005 07:37 #170924 by ajjenkin
Pineapple Pass Question was created by ajjenkin
I have a feeling this is not a recent picture...<br><br>www.biglines.com/photos_large.php?picid=26763

Just want to find out about stability and coverage up in the Tooth area. If this photo is recent and the members of this group stumble upon this post AND care to share there findings, or if anyone else has been up there since Monday I'm all ears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• philfort
  • [philfort]
More
16 Feb 2005 08:17 #170925 by philfort
Replied by philfort on topic Re: Pineapple Pass Question
I have a great view of it from yesterday from the Snow Lake saddle. Coverage looked good just about everywhere *but* that bowl. I think it has the biggest rocks in the area ;). It's probably fine, it just didn't look very good from far away. The slope from the bottom of the bowl down to Source Lake looked ok if you kept skier's left.<br>Stability was good overall, but the snow layers are really variable. On some east aspects we found some cohesive damp snow under the dry powder - must have got some sun on Monday. The snow was loose and cohesionless on north aspects at around 4500ft. Bond to the old snow seemed ok. Not much in the way of wind effect, but I imagine that has changed, with it gusting to over 50MPH today.<br>Had one very easy release on a stream bank down in the valley - probably burried surface hoar.

• philfort
  • [philfort]
More
16 Feb 2005 14:51 #170929 by philfort
Replied by philfort on topic Re: Pineapple Pass Question
Picture:<br><br>