Home > Trip Reports > Jan 28, 2012, Swift Creek Drainage, Mt Baker

Jan 28, 2012, Swift Creek Drainage, Mt Baker

1/28/12
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by Vince Lamphier on 1/30/12 2:14am
 Me and Mitchell Started out the day thinking we were going to have some nice filtered light, but as I headed up the hill in my car it began to snow, which changed the plan a bit. We decided to go for some trees for perspective and Swift creek became the place. The snow was light and fluffy and great to begin the day and got a little heavier as the day went on. The snow pack seemed very secure and deeep in spots. I hiked up a fairly steep incline to get a shot and I was packing 7' of snow to get a position . The landing off of this launch pad was nothing but pillow soft pow.Towards the end of the day the snow got heavier and I got stuck as you'll see in the last photo. It was a great day in the back country.

Here are some more photos from the dayhttp://whatcomstudio.zenfolio.com/
Good to hear that you had a good day and good to run into you in Maple Falls.  Our lap of Table turned out to be adventurous and fun as well. :)

author=Jason4 link=topic=23474.msg99521#msg99521 date=1327955457]
Good to hear that you had a good day and good to run into you in Maple Falls.  Our lap of Table turned out to be adventurous and fun as well. :)
Same to you Jason. Good to here you had a good day as well. See you next time!

Reply to this TR

jan-28-2012-swift-creek-drainage-mt-baker
Vince Lamphier
2012-01-30 10:14:15