Home > Trip Reports > January 28, 2012, Chair+Roosevelt Figure8..attempt

January 28, 2012, Chair+Roosevelt Figure8..attempt

1/28/12
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Kenji on 1/29/12 3:45pm
Rich, Sally and I pulled into the Alpental lot around 8am to find a dozen car loaded with bc-skiers/shoers, with some familiar faces.  We talked about doing a grand tour of Chair and Roosevelt circumnavigation in a figure eight, but thought we may be behind other groups all day.  As we started, the crowd quickly dispersed, we caught up a few climbers at the ridge above the north slope.  There were few ski tracks but a plenty of room left for us on a nice 12" with solid base. 

From the lake, we then followed a trail up to Roosevelt booting up the last 50' to the upper slope, skipping the summit we dropped into the NW chute.  The upper portion was a bit tracked up and some scraped to the hard rain crust , but soon found nice powder all the way down to the valley.

As we were having a lunch break above Lower Wildcat lake, two skiers came down.  What a surprise, we were all on tele gear!  It doesn't happen very often these days.

As we reached the ridge looking above the Snow lake, some wetness started and we decide to just ski out via the lake.  I was feeling pretty  tired at this point, and glad to make the trip shorter.  Skiing down to the lake was pretty good, as well as in the Source lake basin.

Completing the figure 8 wouldn't require much more, may be another 1000' up and would be a nice completion.  May be next time.

Good to meet you on Saturday Kenji (Emily and I were the two tele skiers that met your group above Wildcat Lake).  Soft powder, scenic tour, fun day!

Reply to this TR

january-28-2012-chair-roosevelt-figure8-attempt
Kenji
2012-01-29 23:45:47