Home > Trip Reports > January 22, 2012, Snoqualmie Mtn TAY outing

January 22, 2012, Snoqualmie Mtn TAY outing

1/22/12
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by lrudholm on 1/22/12 9:52am
Short Story:

I PMed a few people I didn't know and we made plans to ski Snoqualmie on Sunday. We skied POW then went home.

A few details:

We dug a Rutschblock at about 5,000 ft (S aspect) and a layer about 6-8" down failed after two light ski hops. This was probably snow from the last 24 hours, sitting on top of about a foot of snow from friday/friday night. Below that was the rain crust. The bond on the rain crust was much better than expected.

A party of two climbed higher than us and skied down without triggering anything that we know about.

It was absolutely dumping at 1:30 and doing laps on Snoqualmie with powder is rad.

Some stoke......1 photo of each partner.
(Sorry about the blur, I did not dial in the camera settings.)

That was was some excellent pow.  Thanks again for organizing.  If anyone feels like skiing - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..  Generally weekend but some monday / friday are possible.

Evan

thanks for the invite and the photos!

good storm going on up there... tons of pow, unconsolidated in the trees and getting pretty slabby up around 5k feet where the wind started really howling.  great day for some tree runs!

nice meeting you guys.  hope to see y'all on another pow day soon!

Rad!

Nice pics guys. Glad you all could hook up.

Reply to this TR

january-22-2012-snoqualmie-mtn-tay-outing
lrudholm
2012-01-22 17:52:38