Home > Trip Reports > Jan 19, 2012, Hwy 2, Flying Squirrel

Jan 19, 2012, Hwy 2, Flying Squirrel

1/19/12
Posted by alecapone on 1/19/12 12:28pm
Neat attraction east of the crest. So named for flying squirrles known to float from their trees to bomb steep pillow lines. An incarnation of Shane perhaps?

Snow was deep, slope was steep, and danger was considerable, but managable. Chili cheese omelletes fueled the skin track.  Pillows and non turn induced face shots where plentiful to the point of painful.

Observed a lot of probably day old evidance of a cycle, but some areas of large instability still exsited. Rective layers, but they needed room to roam. Micro managment was key.

All in all, too fun. Thanks for the great company Brian and Alan!

I took no pictures, but here is one my Friend Jeff took of me on Alan's skis... today he properly demonstrated what praxis pows where rally meant for.

" />
Dragging knuckles even on skis!  You can't help it, can you? 

Always cracking me up Scott....let's get some season appropriate photos in this thread ASAP:

Scott proved difficult to photograph today, too busy hiding in the whiteroom:

author=alecapone link=topic=23283.msg98826#msg98826 date=1327033718 ]Chili cheese omelletes fueled the skin track.

Quoted for truth.  This was some seriously outstanding chili for both dinner and breakfast. 

Thanks for housing us and showing us around your home stomping grounds Scott.  I have a feeling you might be seeing us again this winter!

wow that looks like way more fun that i had at work!  time to get my butt up to the mountain....

author=alecapone link=topic=23283.msg98826#msg98826 date=1327033718]
me on Alan's skis...

Hey dude, watch where you're waving that Whippet thing!
Actually, alecapone was tearing up the slopes paralleling on my tele rig this week at Stevens.
8)

Nice shots!!!

Too funny John. True, but funny.

I should post the photo of Amar showing how to properly and safely ski with whippets.

Reply to this TR

jan-19-2012-hwy-2-flying-squirrel
alecapone
2012-01-19 20:28:38