Home > Trip Reports > February 11, 2005, Mt. Hood Summit

February 11, 2005, Mt. Hood Summit

2/11/05
OR Mt Hood
Posted by cem_terzi on 2/11/05 9:20am
We started at 7:30 am part of two at Timberline lodge.It is a eautiful sunny day.Snow pack altenates between soft and dry, small  ice block, hard pack but all dry until 10.500ft Crater Rock. It looks snow is very good at the bowl from summit to Coalman glacier and Crater Rock. About 5-6 people skied this run. All their trace look there is very softer better snow is there. We did not ski this runs.

We left our ski at 10500 ft and made summit and come back. Craverse is not open but there is small 2 ft by1 ft hole right at the climbing path and 2 other biger hole 50 ft away from climbing routh.

We skied to the parking lot. It was not great where we ski

Excellent, way to get out there.  

Did you wish you had your skis up there in the crater?

I was planing to ski in the crater but we did not want to be late so we droped our havy waights there.

That's a tough decision.  I would probably trick myself into carrying on with the skis anyway, by telling myself that I would save more time on the descent.

I planed to ski crater but we are climbing two person together. The last thing you want to the at the climb is conflict.

Today I was in Bachelor 1 ft fresh powder, the official report is 9 inches.We got some more fresh snow afternoon too.  It is great it can not get better than this The bad thing was a cloudy day. It is powder powder powder  and can not get better than ..........

Reply to this TR

february-11-2005-mt-hood-summit
cem_terzi
2005-02-11 17:20:31