Home > Trip Reports > January 7, 2012, Hurricane Ridge

January 7, 2012, Hurricane Ridge

1/7/12
WA Olympics
Posted by telemack on 1/8/12 10:23am
Five of us followed several locals up the Maggie's skin track, then into one of the bowls on the W, north of the ski area.  Fair amount of wind-crust and another friendly track out.  Then a couple of laps through steeper trees on the road side.  This was lightish, 5-8" snow well bonded to a predictable bottom at the rain crust.  We could really fly. 
Gary, thanks for the the post-tour invite, but we were at a coffee shop on main street in PA
before I checked my messages   :)
Good to hear things are improving up there.  I spent the day skiing at Crystal with my kids... But I'm looking forward to touring in the Olympics soon!

Your not a local? what is your local?

Nice to see some reports coming from the Olympics!

author=alecapone link=topic=23099.msg98219#msg98219 date=1326128198]
Your not a local? what is your local?

Nice to see some reports coming from the Olympics!

Mack is close to achieving "local" status. His final exam will be setting a skin track from the bottom of some obscure creek bottom back to the ridge line which Mr. Downing will approve. No easy task.  ;)

It was a good day, lots of people out enjoying one of the better days this winter. We found a north facing shot which we farmed until it was time to head back to town. As Mack reported, the snow on the road side was surprisingly good.

Here are a few pictures:
  1. Jan, Jeff and Mrs. Stormking headed up Maggies
  2. Mrs. Stormking
  3. Jan

Gary

Reply to this TR

january-7-2012-hurricane-ridge
telemack
2012-01-08 18:23:47