Home > Trip Reports > 01.01.12 Snoqualmie Mt.

01.01.12 Snoqualmie Mt.

1/15/12
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by cumulus on 1/1/12 1:17pm
a lingering cold, a free day, slept in, missed one pass, got up to the other + got therapy.  happy new year!

Ran into Andrew and Scott in the parking lot, alright!  Snoqualmie Mt?  sounds good!

We didn't end up skiing the North bowl as discussed, but the Phantom skied quite nicely.  Well consolidated.

A couple of other people out, Fitzy with the rainbow cap and a split, and someone lapping the slot?  We took a look, looked OK. A few more feet of frosty filling could get me excited...

'twas blowing up top like a sob, pretty views though -

worth a million in prizes

fine way to start the new year!

Hit the slot this morning with partner Brad.  It was firm/wind affected a good way down, then softer for the lower 1/3.  The Phantom snow was much better, so we came back around and hopped on the skintrack back up to the slot entrance, riding the Phantom from there.

Beautiful day.

I love the 2nd image! Nice day out -
Happy new year

auspicious start to the new year.  good stuff.

stefan-- good meeting you up top.

skinup & brad-- you ripped the exact line for the second half of the descent that i was thinking on the skin up.  nice choice.  sloppy thirds was still good.  :)

love the top third with all of the steep alleys into small open fields.

happy new year all!

-fitzie

Stefan, great photos, glad you could join us.  Quite a nice day. 

I just threw up all over my keyboard looking at your nice photos showing all of the snow! 

We have zero in the Sierras.... :(  I'm going to counseling tomorrow....

Reply to this TR

01-01-12-snoqualmie-mt
cumulus
2012-01-01 21:17:59