Home > Trip Reports > December 29, 2011, Lake Clara (near Mission Ridge)

December 29, 2011, Lake Clara (near Mission Ridge)

12/29/11
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by mikerolfs on 12/29/11 9:32am
Chris Sheridan and I left the car at 6:30 this morning and watched the sun come up from the open slopes above Lakes Clara and Marion.  The powder drought is over near Mission Ridge.  The ski area is doing an admirable job opening terrain with man-made snow, but the real goods are just to the west above Lake Clara.  The trail to the lakes is passable on skins again after a short "crampons-required" period.  The snow came in warm at first.  So warm that we got over an inch of precip, but only 2" of snow.  It's gotten cold again, it keeps snowing, and the gulleys are great!  Here is a three-day snow report for the Lakes area.  No snow machines yet.

*edit january 2* - turned into a 6 day film extravaganza.  Here is the final product: 
http://vimeo.com/34445649 

"Come and Get it!"
Nice Mike! I saw some tracks exiting Central this morning under the upper tow, yours? I ran into Becky and skied some laps in the Upper Basin, very nice. See you tomorrow?

author=aaron_wright link=topic=22946.msg97696#msg97696 date=1325209233]
See you tomorrow?

you betcha.  Snowing at my house right now.  I might make a lap in the Clara loop before the lifts open.  Call if you want to join me

I love the video --the dogs and the Technotronic remix crack me up, and the turns look pretty awesome. Thanks for posting.

Andrew

Reply to this TR

december-29-2011-lake-clara-near-mission-ridge
mikerolfs
2011-12-29 17:32:07