Home > Forum > Jan 28-30, 2005, Timberline

Jan 28-30, 2005, Timberline

• snoslut
  • [boarddude]
More
07 Feb 2005 05:26 - 07 Feb 2005 05:31 #211799 by snoslut
Jan 28-30, 2005, Timberline was created by snoslut
Due to poor snow conditions I caved in and decided to go for some lift served turns.  Plus there was a 25% discount for owning a seasons pass to a closed resort.  The drive up to Timberline on Friday morning was smooth.  Roads were bare with some icy spots just before the lot.  The mountain was whiteout for majority of the day.  Wind was blowing and it was trying to snow but nothing but frozen rain.  There were some breaks in the afternoon but they didn't last long.  Spent all day in the Mile Canyon.  You could use the rocks boarders left for depth perception.  Snow was well preserved.<br><br>On Saturday I woke to 6" on my car.  Once again the mountain was whiteout with breezy condition.  I couldn't believe it but they actually had Palmer running.  After doing a few laps I made it back to the canyon.  You couldn't feel or see what you were turning on.  Made things real interesting.  One turn in nice knee deep windblown and next turn on ice.  The Mile Canyon on the other hand was sick!  Used the rocks on the left for visibility and carved high along the banks down the right.  Snow on this side of the bank was anywhere from 6" to 2ft.  Needless to say I finished the day with some face shots and smiles in the canyon.<br><br>On Sunday the clouds parted and the sun came out.  Met up with 2 skier friends of mine from the day before and did cruisers all day.  What a way to end my last day of riding here. Visibility was so clear you could see past Bachelor to the south.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.