Home > Forum > AT binding ?

AT binding ?

• OldHouseMan
  • [OldHouseMan]
More
06 Feb 2005 12:07 #170792 by OldHouseMan
AT binding ? was created by OldHouseMan
What are everyones thoughts on swapping AT bindings between two differant pairs of skis? How many times could you take a pair of bindings on and off before you comprimised the holes? The reason for asking is...I was thinking of getting another set of skis and using my bindings I have now on a set of skis I regularly use. I've taken bindings off and put them on skis but never like this.<br>Or should I just pony up and pay for another set?<br><br>Aaron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• curmudgeon
  • [tim_place]
More
06 Feb 2005 14:31 #170794 by curmudgeon
Replied by curmudgeon on topic Re: AT binding ?
You probably should pony up and not have to 'screw around', as it were. However, if you tap your binding holes, especially if your skis have a metal topsheet, you should be able to move bindings from one ski to the other in about 10 minutes with an electric screwdriver. If you are planning to do this, do NOT seal the screws with epoxy. Use Elmer's wood glue or something that you can crack loose when binding moving day arrives.

• jhamaker
  • [jhamaker]
More
17 Feb 2005 07:41 #170940 by jhamaker
Replied by jhamaker on topic Re: AT binding ?
Snafflehound says:<br><br>Expoxy is OK, just work your posi-drive screwdriver harder. <br><br>You could use threaded inserts - though it removes lots of material.<br><br>Or you could do the Antarctic method. Inset t-nuts into the ski - drilling all the way though the ski (counter-sunk).