Home > Forum > Best place to buy a Splitboard

Best place to buy a Splitboard

• mej
  • [mej]
More
30 Nov 2004 15:08 - 30 Nov 2004 15:10 #170201 by mej
Best place to buy a Splitboard was created by mej
Here's a questions for the splitboarders on TAY.  I am looking to finally make the upgrade from snowshoe to splitboard.  and will need to have one custom made to get the right length and width.  I have yet to find anybody who will make one for less than $950 (Prior, Donek).  With all my money currently going towards ever-increasing UW tuition costs, needless to say I'd like to find one for cheaper.  Any suggestions?  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• snoslut
  • [boarddude]
More
01 Dec 2004 00:14 #170203 by snoslut
Replied by snoslut on topic Re: Best place to buy a Splitboard
A good place to check out is splitboard.com. It has a section where you can buy, sell, or swap splitboards. Also another option is joining a volunteer ski/board patrol and go after the pro-deals. And I even think you can write off your gas and gear at tax time!

• []
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Jan 2005 16:12 #170523 by 0
Replied by 0 on topic Re: Best place to buy a Splitboard
for a custom made splitboard, you can ask eric at sports x, 2232 15th Ave W in seattle. he can generally get you setup w/ a custom split incl. labor, voile splitkit and skins for ~$350ish. second ascent also seem to have the voiles on sale but you mentioned wanting a custom. assuming you live in the area if attending UW ... hope that helps.

• OldHouseMan
  • [OldHouseMan]
More
15 Jan 2005 17:53 #170524 by OldHouseMan
Replied by OldHouseMan on topic Re: Best place to buy a Splitboard
You should check out the Mt. Shops(Portland) Pajama Party sale next month. Everything in the store is 30% off. I think they only sell the Voile. It's not a custom board but it would probably fit your budget.