Home > Trip Reports > Dec 8, 2011, XC ski Reflection lake .

Dec 8, 2011, XC ski Reflection lake .

12/8/11
Posted by Robie on 12/8/11 10:19am
Took a chance today to catch up with Dorothea Driggers  and Gary Vogt .The 3 of us XC skied on a long loop around Reflection lake. No foxes today which I thought unusual but I did  find one of their dens north of the creek above Narada parking lot . Really nice to banter with old friends while gliding along at a relaxed pace. Surface hoar abundant on lake and shaded areas. Some powder even on sun affected flats . Amar is right about the low angle of December sun . Not hot enough to crust up low angle .
The best part was getting above the Puyallup/sumner  fog  and feeling the warmth.
Thanks for giving up turns to hang with the geezers today, Robie!  XC is even more pleasant if you remember your footbeds next time.   ;D

Some of those crystals were as big as postage stamps.  Did you hear octagenarian Dorothea humming a tune as she glided through the tinkling surface hoar in those shady glades?  Made my day!

My bum knee feels great, may try some easy turns next time there's new snow.   

Hi to Dorothea - I think she was in on the Longmire re-enactment of March 2009?

author=vogtski link=topic=22687.msg96838#msg96838 date=1323404765]
Thanks for giving up turns to hang with the geezers today, Robie!  XC is even more pleasant if you remember your footbeds next time.   ;...

I remember skiing with Robie one day when he had his boots on the wrong feet  ;D  Actually, he had put the liners in the wrong boots and the correct boots on each foot.

Good to see the old duffers out enjoying the day! Is that an illusion or is that the phantom G. Vogt?  ;)

Dorothea doesn't spend much time on TAY, but I'll pass on your greeting, Garth.  She still mentions that 100th anniversary trip and your authentic gear and costume:  http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=12785.0

Greeto runcle.  I think your allusion to the illusion that I'm elusive is outdated, but I'm still mostly zigging when others zag.

Reply to this TR

dec-8-2011-xc-ski-reflection-lake
Robie
2011-12-08 18:19:26