Home > Trip Reports > Feb 5, 05, Hood Meadows Pow - the closed portion

Feb 5, 05, Hood Meadows Pow - the closed portion

2/5/05
OR Mt Hood
Posted by Jeff Huber on 2/5/05 6:36am
MHM has re-opened part of their resort but luckily not all of it. Their website claimed 8"s of new and telemetry showed .85" of WE falling between Friday afternoon and Saturday morning at progressively colder temperatures. Arrived at 10:15 to find Meadows main lot less then 3/4 full -- since it was their first day of resumed operations I expected to see more cars. There were intermittent sunbreaks and temps were *winterish*; low to mid 20s per telemetry. We skinned up "Ridge Run" to the top of 2 Bowl. In 2 Bowl the skiing was--relatively speaking--excellent, definitely 8"s of new if not more. I was not hitting any underlying crust in 2 Bowl (okay well maybe once ;-)). Another run on 2 Bowl followed, after which some of the party returned to the car and others consumed a run in 4 bowl. In 4 bowl the snow was shallower, heavier and the crust reached more frequently but still--again relatively speaking--it was excellent.

Ann in the freshiez:

More photos:
] 2 Bowl Tracks]

And even more photos here

Unforuantly I didn't get any skiing photos of Aaron. This was due to my camera battery dieing due to the cold -- sorry Aaron.

Jeff,
Wow, those photo's look pretty nice, all things considered.  I almost went today, but opted for more lame duties.  As a Portlander I appreciate your Hood reports.  Since the Patsies have it in the bag, and in light of your report, perhaps I will ski tomorrow and forgoe the chicken wings.  Thanks.....

Reply to this TR

feb-5-05-hood-meadows-pow-the-closed-portion
Jeff Huber
2005-02-05 14:36:11