Home > Trip Reports > December 2, 2011, Wildside, Powder

December 2, 2011, Wildside, Powder

12/2/11
Posted by Zap on 12/2/11 9:34am
This was a surprise seeing I assumed I would be skiing on groomers with a bit of windblown powder.  The groomers had made a pass on Thunderbolt and Thunderbird but the snow off the sides was the powder that fell earlier in the week and it was surprisingly light.   So if you plan to ride the lifts at Summit West on Saturday morning and need to make some boot deep powder turns the Wildside lift would be an option.  The run down Beaver Lake looked untouched but the light was flat when I looked down the slope. 

I met "Plinko" and his son at the base area.  They toured up Dodge Ridge with Plinko under the direct command of his 12 month old son.  I think there's another trail breaker in training.  ;)
Sounds like like a fun payoff, Zap---roadside powder surprise.
author=Zap link=topic=22582.msg96434#msg96434 date=1322876099]
another trail breaker in training.  ;)

Every year there's more
Climbing over our ski tails
Putting in the track.

Zap,

Nice chatting with you!  We must have timed it right and didn't experience any flat light, but it was in and out all afternoon.  Conditions were indeed a pleasant surprise, as we were expecting hard groomers as well.

Got the kid sorted.  He was a bit grumpy until I turned him around in the carrier so he could see the action, then life was good again.

Hope you're enjoying Whistler!

Reply to this TR

december-2-2011-wildside-powder
Zap
2011-12-02 17:34:59