Home > Trip Reports > Nov 30, 2011, Vesper peak

Nov 30, 2011, Vesper peak

11/30/11
WA Cascades West Slopes Central
Posted by snoholic on 12/1/11 9:47am
We drove  a Subie to access rd on MLH. With more ground clearance the drive to trailhead is possible.  Skinned in the two miles of road, then hiked trail to larger creek crossing. We were able to skin to the summit from there, Headly Pass included. Perfect pow on the upper mountain to the lake, a little heavier down the pass and dust on crust back to the creek. Glided out by moonlight. Perfect day!
Fantastic!  Can't wait to see the pics. 

The major creek xing is at about 2400', so you skinned from there?  I'm a bit surprised how low the coverage is already.

author=trees4me link=topic=22565.msg96377#msg96377 date=1322792234]

The major creek xing is at about 2400', so you skinned from there?  I'm a bit surprised how low the coverage is already.

We skinned to the first creek crossing, after that it was easier to hike( due to root snags, rocks, etc.) skinned continuously after the major creek crossing with no difficulties. BTW the creek had low runoff and was a piece of cake.

Great weather and great friends, it was a swell day.

Summit...

I spy Sperry...

Ski...

Wow, looks gorgeous. Nice work!

Just went up this today, and lost my skins!  Purple tractor splitboard skins.  I think they fell out somewhere towards the bottom of the bowl.  Let me know if you've seen them.

Reply to this TR

nov-30-2011-vesper-peak
snoholic
2011-12-01 17:47:50