Home > Forum > 2.2.05 Seattle Weekly N.Casc. Rescue Story

2.2.05 Seattle Weekly N.Casc. Rescue Story

• JibberD
  • [JibberD]
More
02 Feb 2005 16:34 - 02 Feb 2005 16:41 #170748 by JibberD
The current Seattle Weekly has an excellent cover story written by the victim of a recent climbing accident on Forbidden Peak.<br><br>A sobering look at how easily things can go terribly wrong in the backcountry, followed by intimate insight of the rescue effort and the process of recovering from traumatic injury.<br><br>This fellow really shares a lot.  Worth the read.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markharf
  • [markharf]
More
02 Feb 2005 17:04 #170749 by markharf

• Lowell_Skoog
  • [Lowell_Skoog]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
03 Feb 2005 05:16 #170759 by Lowell_Skoog
Replied by Lowell_Skoog on topic Re: 2.2.05 Seattle Weekly N.Casc. Rescue Story
Wow. What a great article.<br><br>I walked the Ptarmigan Traverse with Brian Miller, Phil Fortier (philfort) and Matt Peters (ski_photomatt) a couple years ago. Here's a story of the trip that explains a little who Brian's dad is. Like Kelly Bush, I took inspiration from Tom Miller's pictures when I was younger (and still do).<br><br>www.alpenglow.org/climbing/ptarmigan-1953/index.html

• JibberD
  • [JibberD]
More
03 Feb 2005 15:41 #170779 by JibberD
Lowell- <br><br>Let's hope that Mr. Miller makes as full a recovery as possible. It sounds like he has the support and mindset to be successful.<br><br>I read your linked story of the Ptarmigan Traverse. A great story in itself.<br><br>When you say you "walked" the traverse, just what does that mean? For example would you recommend that "walk" to an exposure-phobe like myself?<br><br>I'm guessing you might be a man of understatement? Perhaps a bit like Martin Volken who uses the term "sporty" to describe something that I would describe as "hairy, and to be avoided at all cost."