Home > Trip Reports > Nov26, 2011, Artist Point

Nov26, 2011, Artist Point

11/26/11
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by Vince Lamphier on 11/26/11 11:53am
  I knew that when Tamar and I left the house that we were heading for rain, but I wanted to get out for a minute and I knew my dogs really needed to get out because I've been skiing in bounds for the last week since Baker opened. With the quick warming after a decent amount of snow accumulation I knew that I wasn't going to be riding any steep avalanche prone areas.  I decided to go to Artist Point and ride back down my tracks. It rained all the way up and back down. The snow was crusty and slow , definitely your typical cascade concrete below that. By the time we got back to the car we were soaked through. Even though the conditions were less than par to say the least, we still had fun and the dogs had a blast.
I'm unsure which dog impresses me more: the black one who posed so well or the white one who snapped such a great photo!   ;D

Great TR and photos.  Looks like you've got 2 dedicated skiing buddies, plus a competent photographer.  ;)

author=Zap link=topic=22488.msg96082#msg96082 date=1322373862]
Great TR and photos.  Looks like you've got 2 dedicated skiing buddies, plus a competent photographer.  ;)
Yes, Whisper the white wonder dog is not only our photographer, she is also our driver, guide, nutritionist, and therapist. She usually wears a cape.  :)

Man, big ups to the three 'a ya.  Craig and I turned around at dawn when we left the rain on the windshield to find a hard crust and 20-30 mph blow in the parking lot.  Never put the skis on - just sulked back to Bellingham.  So much for "snow until 10."

Reply to this TR

nov26-2011-artist-point
Vince Lamphier
2011-11-26 19:53:28