Home > Forum > 11/25; Snoqualmie - Silver Fir

11/25; Snoqualmie - Silver Fir

• HappyCamper
  • [Greenwood Man]
More
25 Nov 2011 14:14 #217380 by HappyCamper
11/25; Snoqualmie - Silver Fir was created by HappyCamper
Could only get a short session in with family in town, but the coverage was surprisingly good.  Some branches poking out, but hit the chairline 3 times and hit no rocks.  And there was a good measure of new snow there - 8" reported - thick, but I'll take it!  Looks to be a nice base settling in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2011 15:29 #217381 by Zap
Replied by Zap on topic Re: 11/25; Snoqualmie - Silver Fir
I agree.  The coverage was surprisingly good and a dramatic improvement since the 20th when I was touring there. Jill and I spent a couple hours cruising around Central when the lifts opened.  The untracked was dense and the groomers were really pleasant.  The sun came out periodically and there was no wind which made for an enjoyable  morning.  We met our grandsons at Summit West around 11:15 am and the area was quiet.  We could park next to the bank at Little Thunder.  I think the crowd went to Central.

• Randito
  • [Randito]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
25 Nov 2011 18:09 #217384 by Randito
Replied by Randito on topic Re: 11/25; Snoqualmie - Silver Fir
The crowd was definitely at Central -- Silver Fir parking lot overflowed across the road. But lines were never bad. Groomed snow seemed slightly drier / less icy at West than at Central. I didn't pick up any new rock hits, but I did have to hop over a stream hole on the lower part of "Outback" once that snuck up on me.

• sheispiste
  • [sheispiste]
More
25 Nov 2011 22:55 #217387 by sheispiste
Replied by sheispiste on topic Re: 11/25; Snoqualmie - Silver Fir
I guess the crowds were indeed at Central, as they were slim to none at West this fine morning. The conditions were way better than I expected. I concur with Zap that the groomers were decidedly delicious--about 6-9" inches of grauple that skied really smoothly. Off piste was a bit heavy, with two noticeable layers/crust. Wildside was open and while there were little tree tops poking out, coverage was surprisingly good. Not bad for a few morning hours, and back in the sunshine in time for a second thanksgiving dinner event.