Home > Forum > 11/19 Crystal

11/19 Crystal

• BB
  • [BB]
More
19 Nov 2011 21:25 #217356 by BB
11/19 Crystal was created by BB
In the absence of an official ddk marketing report here is my poor imitation. Aided by some very nasty ice at the end of the Mud Mountain Dam straightaway that spun out several cars and closed the road behind me for awhile, the early crowd was very light. The gondola lineup was about at the Ski Patrol doorway when they opened several minutes before nine. And there never was a line on any chair today. As for the snow it was mostly already cut up from the Friday crowd but soft. Lots of sticks and rocks but what do you expect at this time of the year. Favorite spots were Green Valley to the far right, Lucky Shot trees (less the exit trail), Grubstake (less the traverse in and the last run biff), Upper Downhill and probably a few others that I can't remember. Lucky Shot and IceFerkburg (a soft bump run today) were the only official open runs on the front side but poachers were everywhere until Patrol fixed a gaping hole in their closed rope line.
For the gripe report, I got stuck on REX for about 20 minutes (where is my compensation cheesburger!) . It took two snowmobile arrivals (aka mechanics) to get it going again. The artificial snow at the top of Green Vally has left a small rock hard spot right near the GV lift that I could not hold an edge on. I saw several board riders falling there.
Pay lot was about half full.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2011 21:48 #217357 by hookstr
Replied by hookstr on topic Re: 11/19 Crystal
Great to know that ddk has an assistant. I have been waiting for a report, before committing to tomorrow.
Thanks

More
19 Nov 2011 21:55 #217358 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: 11/19 Crystal
Thanks BB, Got me fired up for a go tomorrow....wish I hadnt been lazy and watched the dogs stink up another game :(.....oh well....ddk ;D

• FreeBird
  • [FreeBird]
More
21 Nov 2011 08:53 #217363 by FreeBird
Replied by FreeBird on topic Re: 11/19 Crystal
It was like a midweek pow day!

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
21 Nov 2011 12:59 #217366 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: 11/19 Crystal

Watching that amazing cinematic masterwork ..it was almost like I'd actually been before.It all just seemed so real,what with that white stuff and the green things sticking up through it......The director of this movie is a genius,who likely is under appreciated in his own time........I for one will not be in least surprised when in March this epic gem is nominated for an Academy Award ,and the man that shot it finally gets his long over due statue ..............see you wednesday