Home > Trip Reports > Nov 18, 2011, Snoqualmie Pass, Hyak

Nov 18, 2011, Snoqualmie Pass, Hyak

11/18/11
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by maski on 11/18/11 5:05am
Hello TAY, first post.

Went up to Hyak today.  I'm new to touring and haven't been up there before when the chairs weren't running, I'm glad today was my introduction.  Conditions were amazing.  After yesterday's report of rain crust I wasn't sure what to expect.  Well, the Snow was light, coverage was great for this early in the year, and the skiing was easy.

Got  moving up hill around 9 and took a half run on Hyak Face to get my legs under me.  Shared big grins with a guy coming down East Peak and headed back up to the top for another.  My only advice is stay skier's right on the way down to avoid a big open creek about half way down, assuming you come down Hyak Face.

Thanks to whoever broke the early morning trail.
Congrats on your first tour.

Pictures are a plus...

Cheers.

Predictably, I'm pretty sure conditions improved after we left Thursday morning. The post frontal convection didn't really set in until Thursday afternoon, and looks like most of the lower elevation accumulation associated with this system showed up then and overnight. Glad you had nice turns, I expect if I go looking up higher this weekend it'll be quite pleasant.

maski, welcome to TAY, the friendliest ski site in the known universe. 

author=Hawthorne link=topic=22370.msg95598#msg95598 date=1321650733]
Pictures are a plus...

...and throwing a poem in gets 3 pluses.    ;)

Sadly, the camera was forgotten in my rush to get out the door this morning.  I have no excuse for the lack of poetry, other than not wanting to embarrass myself here quite yet.

Reply to this TR

nov-18-2011-snoqualmie-pass-hyak
maski
2011-11-18 13:05:24