Home > Trip Reports > Nov 15 Alpental Dawn Patrol

Nov 15 Alpental Dawn Patrol

11/15/11
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Stuart Ryan on 11/17/11 2:29am
After being turned away from paradise on sunday the 13th, we were determined to get some turns in. Left for Alpental early tuesday morning unsure of what kind of conditions we would find. lower section had a lot of exposed willows and creek holes, but plenty of snow for skinning and a careful descent. The skiing on the top side of the mountain was fantastic. Soft but fast. Turns down nash were beautiful. Definitely more coverage needed for the lifts to start turning but plenty for a great tour. Heads up though, we talked to someone who works there who said it would be closed to uphill traffic for the next few days for control work. My photographer friend got some great photos which can be found here.

http://www.blog.opticflows.com/
Wow, great photos!! Thanks for sharing them.  8)

So i'm assuming that was you guys I ran into at chair two? Nice shots.  Let me know next time you're up touring around here so I can get my picture taken!

Nice. I'm totally stoked for dawn patrols this year.

Thanks for the posting, I was thinking of going to Alpental to Chair peak and back tomorrow... this was insightful.

Also, amazing photography.  Did you take the photos?  May I ask what equipment you used? 

Thanks,

Wow! Awesome pics!

I did not take the photos. My friend Rylan is a pro photographer and took them. Im not entirely sure what the camera gear is though i believe he was using a wide angle lens.

Reply to this TR

nov-15-alpental-dawn-patrol
Stuart Ryan
2011-11-17 10:29:30