Home > Forum > 11/15/2011 Crystal Mountain Parking Lot Hit & Run

11/15/2011 Crystal Mountain Parking Lot Hit & Run

• ~Link~
  • [Link]
More
16 Nov 2011 23:07 - 05 May 2012 11:00 #202548 by ~Link~
Went up to Crystal on Tuesday to lap Green Valley.  Came back to my car parked in front A lot to find that someone backed into the front-end of my Subaru.  They left a business card for an auto glass company as a supposed good-samaritan note.  ???  I called the company, and personally stopped in this morning to find a resolution to the accident; they acted oblivious.

This all happened on Tuesday 11/15/2011.  The mountain is not opened just yet, so the only people up there are contractors working to get the mountain opened, those training for jobs, and those recreating.  The particulars of the situation should ease the process of elimination.  If anyone has any additional information, it'd be appreciated. 

I have insurance, I'm not going to be combative with the person should they be found or step forward, but I do believe that I deserve to be compensated for my time/hassle and $$$ for deductible due to negligence not of my own.

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joedabaker
  • [Joedabaker]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Nov 2011 07:18 #202551 by Joedabaker
Pretty bogus maneuver...Hope they step forward and take care of business the right way!
That stuff is such a hassle... Have to have a pretty high bumper to do that damage?

• steepdeeply
  • [steepdeeply]
More
17 Nov 2011 08:57 #202553 by steepdeeply
My 2007 outback got hit in the upper lot last season, no note was left. I have a rule to never park on the outside of the row. 3500.00 damage. Insurance paid and told me it does not go on my permanent record

• glenn_b
  • [glenn_b]
More
17 Nov 2011 09:34 #202556 by glenn_b
Hope someone from USA Auto Glass steps up for you. Otherwise, it sounds like a dirtbag ploy to give witnesses the impression he was leaving contact info for you.

If the perp doesn't appear, your uninsured motorist coverage should cover it, subject to a deductible. Otherwise, your collision coverage would, usually with a higher deductible for most folks. If you do have to use collision, be very clear you were not the at-fault party.

More
17 Nov 2011 09:59 #202557 by Pete A
you're not alone..... my Subie got mangled in the Mt.Hood Meadows parking lot years ago, no note left....

More
17 Nov 2011 11:53 #202560 by lernr
+1 hoping someone from USA Auto Glass steps up!

Best
Ivo

More
17 Nov 2011 16:08 #202562 by Bandit
My car got smashed in the employee parking lot where I work. Mangled the right side driver fender, so I could not even open the driver door. No note, nothing. A fellow employee at that.

No one wants to take responsibility for their actions. It's pretty sad.

• glenn_b
  • [glenn_b]
More
17 Nov 2011 16:29 #202563 by glenn_b
I've actually both been there and done that. Slid into a parked truck at Hyak years ago and left a note for the owner. His damages were covered by my liability coverage. Came back once from a tour at Blewett to find my car rear-ended while parked along the highway - no note. This was covered by my uninsured motorist coverage as a hit and run by an unknown perp but subject to a $300 deductible.

Good luck tracking down the assailant, Link.

• burns-all-year
  • [burns-all-year]
More
17 Nov 2011 16:58 #202564 by burns-all-year
Find the witnesses now, get them to talk to the police. I wouldn't wait until you see them this season.

More
18 Nov 2011 10:25 #202571 by blitz
If YOU were trying to dupe witnesses into thinking you left your name and number at an accident, would you leave YOUR OWN business card?

Seems unfair to launch a vigilante consumer attack on some poor Tacoma glass shop owner just because your car was mashed in a ski slope parking lot.

• Team Wally
  • [Team Wally]
More
18 Nov 2011 19:48 #202580 by Team Wally
This really sucks big time. What happened to the bonds of skiers and shared suffering and joy in our sport. Might be cause for some good old welsh butt kickin.
Attachments:

• burns-all-year
  • [burns-all-year]
More
19 Nov 2011 20:37 #202597 by burns-all-year

I spoke with the manager again today and planted a bug in his ear about the limited process of elimination due to the variables involved.  I believe in facts, not pretentious accusations, but I informed him that he's suspect in my eyes and that I'll continue to pry. Given the unique situation, he could very well have a good idea as to who hit my car if were not he himself.  Be what it may, I never forget a face...

This, and the fact that you named the company in a public forum tends to lend your post a vigilante flavor.

Nonetheless, good luck finding the dirtbag that did this.

• ~Link~
  • [Link]
More
19 Nov 2011 21:24 #202598 by ~Link~
I apologize for my car having been criminally hit & run. :(

• burns-all-year
  • [burns-all-year]
More
20 Nov 2011 10:03 #202600 by burns-all-year
You are forgiven.  Just don't let it happen again.

And go to the police.  Let them deal with Mr. Auto Glass or anyone who saw it happen.  You'll get better results.

More
20 Nov 2011 16:44 #202603 by jesski
B:

Sorry to hear that this happened to you. I was in a similar situation my first season up at Crystal-- someone hit my car in B Lot and drove off. I ended up having to pay my deductible, etc.

At least you have witnesses! I second the notion above: get people to make statements to police ASAP!!

Jessie

• Stugie
  • [stugelmeyer]
More
20 Nov 2011 21:20 #202608 by Stugie
We know people...