Home > Forum > Gaper Jeffey or Jeff Huber ;)

Gaper Jeffey or Jeff Huber ;)

• Jeff Huber
  • [Gaper_Jeffey]
More
27 Jan 2005 09:54 #170705 by Jeff Huber
Gaper Jeffey or Jeff Huber ;) was created by Jeff Huber
I've decided to change my TAY name to my real name. In part I am doing this because when I email links to TRs I've written here to friends and family I often get asked why I call myself "Gaper Jeffey" as well as what the term "gaper" really means. Initially I choose this name because I found myself increasingly talking about "gapers", usually doing so in a comical manner, as well as I thought the name Gaper Jeffey sounded cute. I also was at one point planning to launch a website called gapertips.com which would be a parody of telemarktips.com -- I may still do this next time TTips gets really ridiculous. <br><br>Everyone here is still welcome to call me Gaper Jeffey and I will be keeping that name on other forums. Don't worry, I will still be continuing to document every facet of my life in an excel spreadsheet, avidly read Outside magazine, occasionally wear my funny mouse helmet cover, attempt to step into my Dynafits backwards and visit REI 4 times a week (or is that 4 times a day ;-)).<br><br>Jeffey<br><br>PS: I do sometimes prefer the firstname of Jeffey to Jeff but you're welcome to call me either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Oker
  • [jim_oker]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
27 Jan 2005 11:30 #170706 by Jim Oker
Replied by Jim Oker on topic Re: Gaper Jeffey or Jeff Huber ;)
Welcome, Jeff(ey). As an old fart from the TV generation, I appreciate and respect your willingness to attach your online reputation to your real name. Though I know that there is a reasonable crowd that knows the real name of, say, "username," I feel that using a real name shows a willingness to stake your reputation on your online contributions. I know, I'm old school in some ways.

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
27 Feb 2005 16:33 #171053 by Charles
Replied by Charles on topic Re: Gaper Jeffey or Jeff Huber ;)
I've been away the past few days - skiing - and was welcomed back by several emails about this thread. Thanks to all of the unofficial moderators who have chimed in and tried to rescue this thread.<br><br>hltnf:<br>If you browse around this forum you will see that the focus of this forum is skiing, and primarily backcountry skiing in the PNW. The tradition here is to contribute useful information and discussion related to the focus of this forum: backcountry skiing. In addition, when disagreements arise it is the tradition here to provide personal viewpoints in a courteous and constructive manner. So far I don't see how your posts fit into either the focus or the traditions of this forum. Instead I see a personal disagreement over a non-skiing issue being aired on this skiing forum. I am inclined to delete this thread back to its original intent, something I have never had to do before. I realize, however, that I may be misunderstanding your posts. If this is the case, I am open to learning how your posts fit into the focus and traditions of this forum, please feel free to elaborate in this thread.<br><br>Charles Eldridge<br>administrator<br>www.turns-all-year.com Trip Reports

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
28 Feb 2005 03:56 - 28 Feb 2005 08:32 #171058 by Charles
Replied by Charles on topic Re: Gaper Jeffey or Jeff Huber ;)
This thread has been edited to remove posts that did not comply with the Trip Reports Terms of Use. Before editing, a copy of the thread was saved, including the IP numbers of the members involved.<br><br>I will leave this thread open so that hltnf can have a chance to describe how his/her deleted posts fit into the focus and traditions of this backcountry skiing forum. Otherwise, please consider this thread closed.