Home > Trip Reports > Nov13, 2011, Artist Point and Blueberry chute

Nov13, 2011, Artist Point and Blueberry chute

11/15/11
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by Vince Lamphier on 11/13/11 9:11am
      Left the house today not really knowing what to expect accept for the fact that I knew it had been snowing good for the last couple of days, so I knew their was snow, but visibility was in question. Well it turned out to be a fairly visible day with plenty of slightly heavy new snow. As I pulled into the upper parking lot of the Mt. Baker Ski area I noticed approximately 100 cars. I got geared up and started  hiking out toward Artist Point. On the way out there, there were a lot of people building kickers and having a blast in the new soft stuff. After my last 2 trips into this area in the last week, and with the accumulation of snow I wasn't expecting to catch any rocks today, and that's exactly what happened, not-a-one rock. Their are definitely some rocky spots, but everything is starting to fill up nice. Blueberry had some great snow and was a lot of fun.  http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDubc73?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/uvdrqT_xFFc
Check that first pic out, a blueberry in blueberry!

I'm psyched for opening day. It looks like it is about to turn back on up there...

Reply to this TR

nov13-2011-artist-point-and-blueberry-chute
Vince Lamphier
2011-11-13 17:11:53