Home > Trip Reports > November 13, 2011, Snoqualmie West Cement Factory

November 13, 2011, Snoqualmie West Cement Factory

11/13/11
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by GregLange on 11/13/11 1:29am
November in the bag. Many of you will get much better snow than I did, but a 6:30 AM start with no one around is always a good time! Cleared the head whilst skinning a lap above the West lodge. Thought about a second one, but the whipped potato consistency of the goods gave me a chance to ponder the hot coffee waiting at home. Can't wait to read more of your reports of softer snow up higher. West is just the most convenient snow for busy old guys like me. Get 'er done, people!!!
A thousand feet higher and a few cilcks North we found some decent conditions around Stevens.  On Saturday cold powder was found on Heather ridge 10-20" There was no base just cold pow to the dirt/rocks so carefull turns were mandatory. Sunday was a different beast with stormy weather and higher freezing level. There is now a base. Good shrubbery slashing turns were had higher up under Skyline Chair and Big Chief Chair (Kehrs). Car to car skiing both days.

Side Note: We also did a drive up Money Creek Rd. to check on some stuff. Road was drivable to Lake Elizabeth TH on Saturday evening.

It rained pretty good up there Sat night after 9:30 up to ~5K, which was actually a good thing as it set the snow up thick and solid at the base. It snowed/sleeted another 3" or so in the morning and I took the kids and dog out for a couple laps at West, 12-16" on the ground with the snow fully supportive, and no rocks. Fun enough for non-skinny skis.

Ted, Phoebe (Ted's dog) and I may have seen you and your kids.  We did two laps, had some fun turns.  One minor rock scrape.  Plenty o' weed surfing.

Reply to this TR

november-13-2011-snoqualmie-west-cement-factory
GregLange
2011-11-13 09:29:18